If you’re wondering if you have a bad email reputation, the answer is probably “Yes!”
That’s because most people don’t worry about the state of their email reputation until it has already been damaged.
And the easiest way to see that it has is when your long-term, long-range engagement stats start to tank.
Steadily declining open rates (at or below the industry standard of 20%) are the top indicator that something has gone wrong.
If that’s paired with abnormally high bounce rates, then you don’t need a crystal ball to tell you that you’re in trouble.
But you might need help figuring out how you got such a bad reputation and what you can do to fix it.
And that’s where we come in to save the day.
So, how did I get here?
Before you can start fixing the problem, you need to figure out where you went wrong. And that can change from one email marketer to the next.
But there are some pretty common culprits out there.
- Low open rates (indicating you aren’t segmenting your lists based on engagement)
- High bounce rates (indicating you haven’t been keeping up with list hygiene)
- Poor data quality
- Renting or buying your lists
- Super spammy language in the body and subject lines
- Low click rates (indicating you aren’t writing what they want to read)
- High unsubscribe rates
- Climbing complaint rates
- A poor or non-existent Welcome journey
- Opting out of the double opt-in
These 10 mistakes, especially when repeated over time, can all send your email reputation into a death spiral.
If you want to know just how bad things are, nine tools can give you some insights, and most of them offer a free version just to check things out.
Okay, so what can I do about it?
Keeping your lists clean and segmenting those lists based on engagement are two of the easiest and most effective ways you can work towards cleaning up a bad reputation.
But another solution you might not have considered is simply increasing your email open rates.
Before you write off that “simple” answer as an impossible pipe dream, keep reading.
When it comes to getting a higher open rate, it turns out that timing is everything.
And there’s no better time to make the magic happen than by sending when your readers are already active in their inboxes, opening, reading, and deleting their messages.
That’s why Inbox Mailers was born.
But it turns out that’s not the only benefit you can get from being an Inbox Mailer.
You can also:
- Increase your Click Volume
- Increase your Revenue per Send
- Increase your Deliverability Rates
- Increase your Inboxing Rates
- Increase your Domain Reputation
- Increase IP Health & Reputation
- Integrate with CRMs, ESPs, and mailing platforms to send your ‘triggered’ emails instantly
- Increase your Re-engagements by mailing your unengaged or dead files while they are already in their inbox!
… and you can get all of those benefits from making one simple change to your email marketing protocol.
As always, the proof is in the pudding, and we’re inviting you to take a look at what you’ve been missing with this free report that shows you how to double or even triple your open rates without making any massive changes.
If you’re ready to clean up your bad reputation and boost your sending score, you now have everything you need to make it happen.
So what are you waiting for?
How to leverage AI for lead gen efforts
How to boost domain authority (and how long it takes to do it)
Why are we so unprepared for predictable things?
Real journalism is dying… and it might be your fault
How to keep your readers glued to their screens
Traffic & Conversions
Our team at Inbox Mailers had a fantastic time at the Traffic & Conversions Summit 2022 in San Diego, CA. Here are just a few of the pictures and memories we made:
Keep an eye on future editions to find out the next live events and webinars where you can learn more about what Inbox Mailers can do for your open rates, reputation, and conversions.
And if you missed last week’s webinar on the Retail Reset, don’t miss out on the chance to get caught up with this on-demand replay that you can watch whenever and wherever you want to.
Facts & Stats
- 37% of brands are increasing their email budget
- 77% of marketers have seen an increase in email engagement over the last 12 months
- Email marketing revenue is estimated to reach almost 11 billion by the end of 2023
A bad or non-existent Welcome series is one way to tank your sending reputation. How does yours measure up? In case you missed our welcome email, we’ve put together an interactive “test” to help you score and improve your welcome journey. All you need to do is download it right here and find out if your welcome journey makes the grade.