🚨New Deliverability Webinar ⭐ Wednesday September 13th at 12pm EST 🚨 Save Your Spot to learn how to overcome inbox placement struggles & increase engagement. Plus you can now re-engage your dead email list even without an ESP. Sign up here.
This is Inbox Hacking, a free newsletter with Email Marketing insights, tools, & tactics sent twice per week. Join marketers from Hyatt, the NBA, & BASF, and sign up for a Free subscription.
The weekend cometh quickly after a 4-day workweek. Thankfully… I’m gassed.
Before you and I mail it in though, we’re looking at how Google’s search changes via AI are gonna affect your SEO efforts. Then our Knowledge Base has tactics for better Facebook leads and Today’s Hack reveals why some people are not hitting your buy button.
5 Takeaways, the New SEO World (from the horse’s mouth)
Direct from Google:
- Focus on E-E-A-T: Experience, Expertise, Authoritativeness and Trust, especially on pages covering “Your Money or Your Life” topics because these pages can impact the health, financial stability, or safety of people.
- People use Google Lens for 12 billion visual searches a month — four-fold increase in just two years.
- “With new generative AI capabilities in search, we’re taking more of the work out of searching, you’ll be able to understand a topic faster, uncover new viewpoints and insights, and get things done easier.”
- When searching for products, you’ll get a snapshot of factors to consider and products that fit.
- “Guardrails.” Googsters don’t trust AI for certain searches🧐.
*Test Google’s AI search Lab to see what your audience will be seeing.
What does all this mean?
Thoughts on the New SEO Landscape
💭Google’s gonna summarize everyone’s content. Prolly plagiarize too, allegedly. Good luck stopping or suing Goliath.
💭The Googsters want their users to get information insanely fast. So, devise creative ways your info can be quickly consumed but also that your snippets entice readers to click on your link. Printables with your branding are an option too.
💭 “New viewpoints.” This may be the biggest opportunity to stand out in the new SEO landscape. Nothing’s new under the sun… but, Jordan Peterson made Bible lectures popular, Jay Shetty gained fame living like an ancient monk, and Mike Tyson isn’t your prototypical interviewer but 885,000 subscribers say different.
New SEO Concerns & Opportunities
HubSpot had their SEO team break down new SEO concerns that will affect any organization pimping their wares online.
- AI can make lists in a flash (human listicles over?)
- Low-value content will flood the web (hard to sift through)
- Google AI answers usually better for broad topics (i.e. ‘how to start a blog’)
“AI has a lot going for it. But, due to the nature of it being a robot, it inherently lacks one thing: A perspective.” ~HubSpot
“We also believe in taking a clear and confident stance on a topic, supported by first-hand research and data.” ~HubSpot
In other words, have a take and don’t suck (~Jim Rome). Don’t be afraid of those who think you suck either. Let them latch onto ChatGPT’s monotone life & work advice and horrific attempts at humor. (AI’s a decent assistant, so no offense bots)
The New SEO Wrap-up
Whether you wear both the email marketing and SEO hat or use a feature story with some SEO linked from your newsletter, catching up to the newest SEO changes is a must.
I know, change sucks. Especially if your organization is currently at the top of Google’s search results.
But if you’re on page 2 or 3, new search opportunities are coming. If you’re on page 17, perhaps focus solely on emails😎.
Read below for our Knowledge Base,
Self Help, Facts-n-Stats, & Today’s Hack.
🚨Newest Deliverability Webinar ⭐ Wednesday September 13th at 12pm EST 🚨
Save Your Spot to learn how to overcome inbox placement struggles, Apple’s link tracking update, & increase engagement. Plus you can now re-engage your dead email list even without an ESP.
💪Knowledge is power, but first, cat laughs
E-commerce traffic by month (chart)
Getting worthless leads via Facebook Ads? SME says they’ve improved
🎄Using holiday giveaways for Black Friday/Cyber Monday (example)
Follow Inbox Mailers…
Easy fixes work.
* Inbox Hackers Shout-out:
📢Ines at Headline.com (investors)
📢Roth at ALG Vacations
Facts and Stats
- 50% of people buy from marketing emails at least once per month (Salecycle)
- >50% of Americans love getting promotional swag from brands (swns digital)
- 36% of emailers don’t consider accessibility when creating email campaigns (Pathwire 2021)
Bonus: Average conversion rate for email marketing? 8.17% (Barilliance 2022)
Imagine How Many of Your Emails Never Get Opened
Could be as high as 8 out of 10
But it does not have to be this way.
You can dramatically increase your open rates with Inbox Mailers.
Users of this new tech are seeing 50% – 70% open rates consistently.
Integrates easily with your current ESP.
Boosts click volume too.
Don’t let your campaigns be ignored anymore. Book a demo to see how Inbox Mailers is helping other emailers increase engagement and revenue.
Know how many people search for the word “scam” each month?
40,500. Nearly 50,000 people!
Don’t take for granted the person reading your emails or hitting your site for the first time trusts you.
Please forward this email to other awesome email marketers needing tips & tactics. Thanks so much.
Other Inbox Hackers liked
📝Got 2 secs for survey below?